Thursday, March 18, 2010

view on change

One morning in Kindergarten I asked the children how their weekend was and what did they do. I like to do this every Monday, as it is a good exercise of memory for them. One little girl raised her hand and said, "I had an awful weekend!" I was concerned and asked her why and what happened. She replied "My brain stopped working!" Yes, I laughed! I didn't go into the details of how if her brain really did stop working it would be quite serious, I just asked how she was feeling now and she answered that she was fine now. It is these cute little stories that keep me going during times when I feel like MY brain isn't working properly. When I feel like I have no more creative juices anymore and I seem to be doing the same thing over and over again. I am thankful for a very creative God that I can go to for inspiration. I am amazed at times the thoughts and ideas that come at the perfect time, just when I need it to keep the class motivated. Believe it or not, not EVERYTHING that a Kindergarten teacher plans works out. A lot of times it needs to be tested and if it flops there needs to be a plan B. Each class is different, each child has their unique personalities and levels of learning. There is a quote I recently read that states "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." There are times when things won't work, but I have learned to never give up and to make a change and view the situation from a different view...and move forward with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment