Friday, April 15, 2011
Friday Show and Tell has come and gone and six more students told the class what their mommy does for a job.
Question: What does your mommy do for a job?
- she puts makeup on people for weddings
- she's a doctor for babies
- she works at Divine, she makes my meals and takes care of me.
- she helps the baby
- she helps daddy on the computer when he tells her what to do.
- she is a nurse, she protects people from falling and bugs and stuff.
- she teaches people about Jesus.
"What kinds of things?" I ask. I can't say, she says too many words!
I want all you mother's to know that you have children who love you dearly. They may not know EVERYTHING you do every hour of the day or what your "job" is, but they do understand and remember your actions towards them....caring and loving in every meal made, hurt kissed, dish washed, book read and heart touched.
The mother's heart is the child's school-room. ~Henry Ward Beecher
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
So today there was another round of "what does your mom do for a job." And again there were some priceless answers I just HAD to share :)
Question: What does YOUR mom do for a job?
- she uses a calendar (uh, you mean calculator) oh yeah, a calculator and figures out numbers.
- she bakes cupcakes....that's it.
- she lets me play with my toys and she lets me play Donkey Kong on Tuesdays. ("wow, that's a GREAT job" I said. he followed with "I KNOW"
- she holds a baby in her tummy. (that is definitely a job!)
- she kisses me (is that all she does? yup, that's it)
- she makes me lunch, takes care of me, reads me stories, works on her ipod. (he would have kept going but we ran out of time)
And probably one of my favourites....
- she teaches university students how to read!
Needless to say I never go through a show and Tell without a chuckle.
One last thing. I need to print a retraction....Today I was told from a child who did their show and Tell on Monday that she was wrong...her mom does not work on a blackberry, she uses an iphone. Got it :)
Monday, April 11, 2011
Well, it is that time of year again in the Kindergarten classroom where we discuss what our moms do for a job. It never ceases to amaze me the outlook that children have of their moms and what jobs they do. Below are some of the answers I got today during show and tell.
Question: What does your mom do for a job?
- she types on her blackberry. (anything else, I ask?....nope, nothing else, that's it)
- she takes care of ME! (that entails more then they know! )
- I sweep for my mommy cause she has a baby
- when my clothes get dirty my mommy puts them in the dryer for me
- my mommy works so I can go to Disneyland!
well, those are the ones so far from todays show and tells. Stay tuned for Wednesday and Friday's show and tells as I am sure there will be some great ones :)