Sunday, March 14, 2010

even teachers get to learn!

Every year the teachers take a couple days and we go to a teacher's conference. During this time we get together with other teachers and hear ideas of lesson plans, activities we can incorporate into our classrooms, and rub shoulders with teachers who are going through the same things we are day to day. Whenever I tell my Kindergarten class about the conference and that I get to go to school too, I always get the same response? "Why do YOU need to go to school?" I like to let them know that teachers get to learn just like kids. I always tell them I am going to learn how to be a better teacher for them. I believe this is true for everyone in any profession that they do. There is a Chinese proverbs that states, "Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back." I may choose to learn at these teacher's conferences, but if I do not advance with that knowledge and use it to better my classroom and students, I will drop back. If I want to continue to grow as a teacher, a mother, a wife, a friend; I will choose to be in a state of learning...and move forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment