Monday, March 22, 2010

Today in Kindergarten I asked at the beginning of the day "what is one exciting thing that happened during the March Break?" One student put up his hand and said that he lost a tooth. I asked him where it is now, thinking it was under his pillow, or the tooth fairy has it or something cute like that. He answered, "it's in my yard!" apparently he literally LOST his tooth and cannot find it. I thought this was a very cute story and it never ceases to amaze me how much these students make me smile. Every little story that they tell me or picture that they draw (added another one to my board this morning), makes my day brighter. Regardless of my circumstances or "feelings" this morning, it all seems to disappear when I teach and spend time with these children. I am realizing that is what happens when I walk in my purpose...

No comments:

Post a Comment