Monday, March 15, 2010

be sure!

So today is the beginning of March Break, a week off of teaching school. I slept in a little bit and then went and visited at one of my student's homes. Even on my break I like to be around my students! When I got there he gave me a note that he had hand written that said, "Dear Mrs. Barnes, when you come over can you play the wii with me love" and then he signed his name. These are the notes I cherish. I love the fact of them thinking of me and it doesn't take a lot for them to think of the idea to write a kind note or draw a picture. I also am not sure if they truly understand how much a note like that means to me either. It makes me wonder why I don't make it a priority to, when I think of someone, to sit down and write them a note, make a phone call, tell them I have been thinking of them or praying for them. I allow life to get in the way too often and focus on the thought of "it won't matter". Life matters, connections matter, people matter! Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered. "Yes, Piglet?" "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you." ~A.A. Milne I choose to be sure of the people around me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment