Friday, March 19, 2010

Last year for one of the show and tell's in my class I asked the students to bring in something about what their dad does for a job. I always find it interesting to hear the different types of jobs that the dads are doing. One student brought in a picture and gave clues. The clues were something like, "It's fun and my dad does it for a job"...simple and we got the idea. The class had their time to guess and then came the reveal. She showed the picture and she said "My dad rides his motorcycle for a job." It turns out he drives his motorcycle TO his job, but I found that out later. A lot of Kindergarten children, if you were to ask them what their dad does at work, would probably answer "I don't know." However, if you asked a child what their dad really likes to do, they more often then not have a more immediate answer for that question. I believe it has to do with passion. I know if I am passionate about something, everyone knows about it. "Follow your passion, and success will follow you. ~Terri Guillemets" What are you passionate about?

No comments:

Post a Comment