Thursday, March 11, 2010

seasons of change

This past Monday as I was walking outside to do recess supervision, I was following a small group of Kindergartens to the playground. As I rounded the corner I was able to watch as one little girl went to slide on a piece of ice and instead fell straight into a puddle. The weather had become warm enough to melt that "ice patch" unbeknownst to this little girl. The look of shock and disbelief as she stood up was once again a time I had to bite my cheeks to keep from laughing. She had water dripping from her face and her mittens, and her snowpants and coat were completely wet. I asked her what happened and she said "um, I don't know, I thought I could slide." When I thought of this incident a bit later I wondered if I get excited about a "change" in the season of my life or if I stand there in shock wishing it was still the same. Change can be good. "Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights. ~Pauline R. Kezer" I choose to enjoy the new seasons in my life, embrace the changes, and stretch and grow myself...and in stretching I can reach out and touch other people. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment