Wednesday, November 30, 2011

h is for hot air balloon


This week in Kindergarten we made hot air balloons. I came across an idea of putting strips of paper together to create a circle look and then I put some of my own creativity to work and created this.


I gave each child six pre cut strips of craft foam and some shapes. They glued and decorated them.


I then poked holes in each end of the strips and connected them with a brad.




When the balloon shape was complete we attached the "basket" (a dixie cup with two holes punched on either side) and connected it with a pipe cleaner. I also attached a string to the top of the balloon so it was easier to hang.
Overall, a really great craft. The students are excited to take them home and put lego men, little people or whatever else they can fit in the basket :)











No comments:

Post a Comment