Thursday, September 16, 2010

a lighthouse


I read this quote this past week that said "Lighthouses don’t go running all over an island looking for boats to save; they just stand there shining." ~ Anne Lamott. When I shared this quote it got my sister giggling and then I started as well as I began thinking literally...(it WOULD make a great short film showing a lighthouse hopping around insisting on saving boats!)...however....I loved the quote so much and it got me thinking. As a teacher I can use this concept as well. I, as a Kindergarten teacher, am called to the class I am teaching. I do not go around to other schools attempting to teach any 4 or 5 year old child in sight what they should know, I teach at KCA and I have special and unique students each year. The class I have is given to me for a purpose; the parents chose the school for a reason. And as I stand in my purpose and shine my beacon of light I am able to touch these children with the love of God and the knowledge of knowing that they are learning from me and often times looking to me for answers. I take my job very seriously and will continue to guide all Kindergarten children that walk into my classroom...That is a purpose worth shining for!

1 comment:

  1. You know, there is a children's book in there....I wonder who the author could be?

    ReplyDelete