little skills I've learned

This morning in Kindergarten I was sitting at the front of the room and the students were in a semi circle in front of me. I was showing them a sheet that they would be working on and explaining it in detail. As I was explaining it I was holding it up for them to see and I was reading it from behind. When I asked if anyone had a question before we would go and sit at the tables, a student raised his hand. He asked "how are you reading that without looking at it?". I smiled and told him that I could see through the back and have learned to read things backwards. I then took a book off the shelf and showed them how teachers can also read upside down by holding a book and reading the words while looking over the top of the book. I explained I learned to do these things so that they could always see the pictures. It always amazes me the things that I do learn in Kindergarten. Little skills that I have trained myself to do over the years to allow the students to have the best experience possible in their first years of school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

when a child draws a smile

a princess for a lifetime!